A Week of Work Outfits

Okay, so you might have seen this post on my site where I showed off my "teacher 'fits" every day this week. Now, I didn't by any means invent this trend of showing of my "outfit of the day" - even as an educator - and you can catch some really cool posts and videos that inspired my to do this...challenge (?) by checking out #ootd #teacherootd on instagram or Pinterest.
I guess this really was a challenge for me as a self-described fashion- fish-out-of-water, especially because I'm still figuring out how I can make work outfits that are "business casual" and still me. Plus posting pictures of your outfits every day was incentive to not slack off and just wear my go-to jumper + jeans + sneakers combo for 5 days in a row.

So heres the outfit breakdown you came here for: 

Monday

1. Minga London Daisy jeans 2. Clothing the Gap T-Shirt 3. Dr Martens Vegan 1460 Boots

1. image: https://www.misscvintage.com/new/minga-london-womens-bottoms-miss-daisy-denim-mom-jeans/ 2. image: https://www.clothingthegaps.com.au/collections/tees/products/always-was-always-will-be-by-carla-scotto 3. image: image: https://www.drmartens.com.au/vegan-1460-14045001-bfro.html#93=4154

THE SPECS:


1. Miss Daisy Mom Jeans, Minga London
These jeans are so fun and fit like a glove. I’m not sure what exactly makes these “mom jeans” but it does seem fitting that I paired it with my mum’s jacket.


2. Clothing the Gap T-Shirt 
This a great t-shirt on its own but I love it even more because clothing the gap is a Melbourne brand with their own foundation dedicated to investing in and promoting physical health and activities in Aboriginal communities to close the life expectancy gap between Indigenous and non-indigenous people in Australia
Find out more about the clothing the gap foundation here



3. Dr Martens Vegan 1460 Boots
Between this blog and the fashion journal site, I think I've spoken about these boots enough. They're cruelty free, versatile, comfy and have lasted forever. That's everything you need to know.

 

4. Mum's vintage denim jacket
This jacket is stolen from my mum’s wardrobe and probably older than I am.

She added the ‘Melbourne’ patch herself which I think is a cool, custom touch and a nice homage to my city 


Tuesday


1. Minga London  Heart jeans 2. Shuturp  T-Shirt 3. Boody  Long Sleeve Shirt 4. Nike Air Force 1 Shadow Pale Ivory Sneakers

1. image:https://www.dollskill.com/uk/minga-denim-pink-hearts-wide-leg-skater-jeans.html 2. image: https://lamington.shop/products/be-cool-be-kind-t-shirt 3. image: https://www.boody.com.au/products/long-sleeve-top?currency=AUD&variant=13660903637037&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiA0p2QBhDvARIsAACSOONI4RUfiYGzVIk_EEstbAfaBOhEC6G8-Hc5nLXPDRqn4EyLZvaw5EUaAu79EALw_wcB 4. image: https://underratedmelbourne.com/products/nike-air-force-1-shadow-pale-ivory-womens?variant=37760709591231&currency=AUD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2021-10-08&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=Cj0KCQiApL2QBhC8ARIsAGMm-KF6BiTxmHhSaqzGjo3azWYzooxb0hD9hs_zJQ2X2sepVo9MhXeJEc8aAvv1EALw_wcB




1.Minga London Heart Jeans
I always get compliments in these jeans. These jeans are super flattering PLUS the cute heart pattern adds a little bit more interest than a plain old pair of black jeans.


2. Shuturp T-Shirt
A favourite graphic tee of mine. This was designed in Sydney by one of my favourite artists, Ellie Hopley aka. Shuturp and I love the whimsy and the message of it.


3. Boody Long Sleeve Shirt
Anything Boody is an instant staple in my wardrobe. Their clothes are made from bamboo (thus the name) so they are super soft and lightweight. I always reach for a boody shirt if I'm layering.











4. Nike Air Force 1 Shadow Pale Ivory Sneakers
I'm not one of those people who is massively into sneakers - nothing against them, it just seems expensive and not for me...BUT...I hopped onto the Nike Air Force 1 bandwagon a couple of years ago when I saw these shoes. I'd never really been tempted by "trendy" sneakers before but (as you might be able to tell) I really have a thing for pastels. My students think I'm super cool when I wear these and they're comfy so win-win.

Wednesday












1. Boohoo Woven Shirt 2. Myer jumper 3. Jorge Wool Skirt 4. Valeria Grossi  Heels 5. Castle Bloom Raincoat 

1. image: https://au.boohoo.com/woven-shirt/DZZ00905.html 2.  image: https://www.myer.com.au/p/belle-blom-at-last-cable-knit-jumper-with-slit 3. 
4. image: https://mariposaclothing.co.nz/product/bella-/vg11.aspx
5. image: https://www.castleandthings.com.au/products/bloom-raincoat


1. Boohoo Woven Shirt
What is there to say? Everyone needs a white collared shirt. This one is good. That is all.













2. Myer jumper
A comfy cotton knit jumper. Simple. Essential. Works with a skirt, jeans or layered over a dress. Love this jumper.


3. Jorge Wool Skirt
This skirt is basic but in the best way. I wear it all the time, it is beautifully made, heavy, pleated perfection and it was a secondhand Savers find!


4. Valeria Grossi Heels 
I think these shoes are pretty iconic; sort of Mary Poppins meets tap dancer meets Monet painting. So stylish.


5. Castle Bloom Raincoat 
I had this coat on my wishlist for a while before I took the leap and decided to actually buy it. It's pretty bright and full on, even for me, and when I asked for my partner's opinion he just looked at me and said "well do you like it honey?" which I obviously do (but that means he does NOT like it). Anyway I don't regret the purchase, this is a STATEMENT piece.

Thursday


1. Aimn Seamless Singlet 2. Winki Bonnie Top and Bottoms in Fluer 3. Aimn off-white dogtooth tights 4. Aimn boost jacket 5. Sketchers Street Cleats 

1. image: https://www.aimn.com.au/products/black-luxe-seamless-singlet 2.  image: https://winkisuits.com/products/bonnie-shorties-fleur 3. image: https://www.aimn.com.au/products/off-white-dogtooth-tights 4. image: https://www.aimn.com.au/products/boost-jacket?variant=32903689764954 5. image: https://www.skechers.com.au/women-s-street-cleat-back-again-73999-blk.html#93=3552


1. Aimn Seamless Singlet 
I went on a bit of an online shopping spree with Aimn and out of everything I bought I think this singlet was the best purchase. Stretchy, ribbed, supportive and super comfortable.



2. Winki Bonnie Top and Bottoms in Fluer 
This is the first bikini I have bought since high school...a bit sad but bittersweet because it makes me feel really good in my own skin. It doesn't go see-through, it covers what I want it to and shows what I want it to and the 60's floral print is so groovy. Plus Aussie made!!


3. Aimn off-white dogtooth tights 
More sporty stuff from Aimn. These are the stretchiest leggings I have ever owned and I can't go past a funky pattern.


4. Aimn boost jacket 
And even more Aimn...this is the shopping spree I was talking about. This jacket is really great. Adjustable strings at the collar and the sides so you can make it fit how you like. But my favourite thing about this jacket, that you can't tell from the picture is that is has long sleeves with holes for your thumbs! So perfect for cold days and outings.


5. Sketchers Street Cleats 
These are a solid pair of sneakers. I have had mine for 4 years and I've worn them constantly, so they don't look like the photo anymore but they are still a go-to. Also a little bit of a platform which is a bonus for shorties like me.

Friday

1. Mink Pink  bon bon Jumper  2. Converse 3. Boohoo High Waisted Skinny Jeans

1. image: https://www.davidjones.com/sale/women/22330983/bon-bon-knit.html 2. image: https://www.converse.com.au/unisex-converse-run-star-hike-lugged-high-top-black-166800-black?ff=7&fp=110569&gclid=Cj0KCQiA0p2QBhDvARIsAACSOOPqe3uKztMIzrIQxhoy355Eq9nWYQ9Pe7DdO5SUAnD_cecqV8niVY0aAnNPEALw_wcB  3.  image: https://au.boohoo.com/high-rise-5-pocket-skinny-jeans/DZZ45049.html?color=105


1. Mink Pink bon bon Jumper
Fluffy. Colourful. Fabulous. This might be my favourite jumper at the moment. It gives me all the cosy feels.  


2. Converse Run Star Hike Hightops
These shoes were on my wishlist for a year and I finally got them as a Christmas present. Worth the wait! They're cushiony and add a little interest and a 90's vibe to my outfits.


3. Boohoo High Waisted Skinny Jeans
I say this over on the blog post about staples, black skinny jeans are a must for me. I don't care if they're not "cool" anymore, they are just so easy to wear and I've been wearing them for so long it's in my millenial DNA. Now these exact jeans would not be my pick anymore becuase Boohoo is the type of company I want to support (see why), but I will let you make up your own mind about them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Staple Pieces

Finding My Style