Staple Pieces

In my fashion journal this week I talked about how I love the idea of a Marie-Kondo-esque capsule wardrobe, made up of only a handful of carefully considered and versatile clothing items that could be reused and rotated indefinitely...but I don't think I could ever be a clothing minimalist. 

But thinking about having only a few, mindfully purchased and selected clothing pieces did get me thinking about what I might include, if I ever did have to downsize and that brings me here, to go through, in-depth, my "staple" pieces. 

So here they are, some of my favourite go-to items and why I couldn't live without them.

Staple #1: 

 image: https://au.boohoo.com/high-rise-5-pocket-skinny-jeans/DZZ45049.html?color=105

Black Skinny Jeans

An obvious, but un-exciting favourite. How could I ever go past black skinny jeans? I'm not sure if these are still fashionable, maybe it just screams "millenial" to still wear skinny jeans in 2022 but I don't care.

Why I can't live without them: 

They're infinitely practical and versatile and I may or may not have 5 pairs of pretty much the same jeans so I never have to live without them. If you catch me "off-duty" or on a day where I'm dressed a little more "Melbourne" than "me", I can guarantee I'll be in black skinny jeans.
 

Staple #2: 

image: https://www.drmartens.com.au/vegan-1460-14045001-bfro.html#93=4154

Doc Martens

Another very Melbourne item but I think that my Doc Marten 1460s are the defintion of a staple piece. I've had mine for about 5 years now and they're still going strong even with near-daily wear (and being non-leather - win!)

Why I can't live without them: 

Once again versatile is the word of the day. I wear these all the time. I dress them "up" and "down" and they are so good for wet Melbourne days, gigs, paired with stockings and every ocassion in between.

Staple #3: 

https://www.instagram.com/alesia.troian/

Alesia Troian Lanyard

This is probably a teacher thing, but I cannot live without my lanyard, so naturally I have to have a cute one.

Why I can't live without it: 

This lanyard stays around my neck from 7am til 4pm, it is functional but also fashionable. It matches pretty much all of my outfits, isn't heavy or ugly or boring and it's handmade by artist Alesia Troian! 

Staple #4: 

 https://fjallraven.com.au/products/f-totepack-no-1#c_550

Fjallraven Totepack No. 1

This is my work bag and it is the best everday bag ever.

Why I can't live without it: 

This bag is seriously well designed. Totepack means tote bag + back pack. As in you can use it as both! So handy! it has a main section, front pocket, internal pocket and a little strap inside to attach key rings to! It's light, water resistant, durable and made in black to hide all of my misgivings. Me and this bag are going to retire together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding My Style

A Week of Work Outfits